BlogEngine.NET Extension: Flash Video Player
- Plays FLV or MP4.
- All properties are available in the BlogEngine.NET extension manager so you don’t have to touch the code to change settings.
- The size of the player will automatically make room for the controls at the bottom (20px)
- Uses SWFObject for flash replacement. This allow graceful degradation for those without Flash including mobile users. (I’ll upgrade it to SWFObject 2.0 when it’s released)
- Enables Fullscreen playback.
- Shows an initial image at startup named the same as the flv (myvideo.flv and myvideo.jpg). This way the video is not black at startup.
- Optionally, instead of SWFObject, full <object><embed> formatting can be used.
Installation & Usage
- Download the file and unzip: Flash Video Player extension for BlogEngine.NET
- Copy FlashVideoPlayer.cs to /App_Code/Extensions/
- Copy the flashvideo folder to the root of your application (this can be customized in the settings)
- Add videos (myvideo.flv or myvideo.mp4) and images (myvideo.jpg) to the flashvideo folder.
- To use, just add
[flv:myvideo.flv]anywhere in your post.